Face to face service
Student Service at Poli International Office is open:
Mondays to Fridays, from 11h00am to 04h00pm
in Administration Building at Poli – First floor
The “Welcome Day” happens every beginning of the semester, and aims to present the Escola Politécnica of USP to the new foreign students. In this event, we’ll have some presentations that are going to show a little bit more of Brazil, São Paulo and also your new university, USP!
Besides that, we are gonna have a coffee break with typical foods from Brazil, and performances of Poli Dance (with dancing and Brazilian rhythms), Acappolli (the Poli’s Acappella group), collective groups from Poli and capoeira “Fonte do Gravatá”!
The “Welcome Day” is organized by iPoli (Student Association of the Escola Politécnica).
The Escola Politécnica of University of Sao Paulo (The Engineering School) is very pleased to receive you as an exchange student.
RNM (requesting the RNM for the first time):
For your first RNM request, follow the guidelines on the link bellow:
Requesting the RNM after the first RNM is about to expire.
1) Read the information about the procedure – Second RNM
2) Gather the documents on this list:(https://www.gov.br/pf/pt-br/assuntos/imigracao/substituir-carteira-de-registro-nacional-migratorio/substituir-carteira-de-registro-nacional-migratorio-de-residente-por-prazo-indeterminado-em-razao-de-decurso-do-prazo-de-validade-do-documento-renovacao-de-prazo)
3) Fill in the form and save the page with the QRcode as a pdf.(https://www.gov.br/pf/pt-br/assuntos/imigracao/declaracoes-e-formularios/declaracao-eletronica-e-demais-meios-de-contato.pdf)
4) Send to our email (firstname.lastname@example.org) all the documents of the list and the form.
You my also need to present:
1) Up-to-date criminal record certificate from Brazil; (Document that proves that you have no pending issues with the Brazilian and State Courts):
- “Antecedentes criminais”: https://www.ssp.sp.gov.br/servicos/atestado.aspx
2) School performance (for students); (Your Transcript of Records or proof of your activities performed in Brazil by the University – I can be a letter of the coordinator of the research for researchers)
3) Means to get by financially.; (Scholarship or internship that proves that there are ways for you to support yourself in Brazil during your exchange)
Send us everything in PDF to: email@example.com
Note: The copy of the passport must include all pages of it.
Bank account for money transactions of all kinds you need to open a bank account with a local Brazilian bank. To do that, you will need your passport, the RNE, the admission letter and a valid address in São Paulo.
After your exchange program time in POLI, it is very important that you pay all your debts, cancel standing orders and close your bank account. Please do not forget that!